Thursday, June 28, 2018

Why I quit my job teaching to travel the World





Back in the states, I had a wonderful job at the most amazing school helping young minds learn. I taught 1st grade and absolutely loved it! I had a great Principal that gave me freedom and trusted me  to teach how I thought was best. I worked with people that became my best friends and helped me through life's ups and downs.  So why would I stop working such an amazing place? Why would I leave that behind to travel the world?

It's not because of the pay if that's what you were thinking. Although, teacher's pay isn't great, I'm truly passionate about teaching kids.

It was because of 3 things:

1.  The biggest one: my cute 11 month old boy Crosby. I wanted to spend more time with him.


2. Traveling with my husband, I rarely went to his races because I had to work.

3. Since my husband and I married, we have always wanted to travel the world. We talked about where we would want to go and what we would do. We never thought it would become a reality, but now our dreams are happening!!!

But how is this happening? Simply put, Hayden runs for a living (he's 3rd in the world in the Ultra distances 50k-100 miles), so as we travel, he is making money. He runs from 50k- 100 mile races on trails in the mountains of any place you can think of. The biggest races, UTMB, Laverado, etc... are in Europe, so we are here! .

We left behind a home, family, and friends for a time, but we are experiencing and learning so much as we travel.We are growing as a family and learning how to rely on each other. I do miss my family, I do miss teaching, I do miss our home, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that we could not pass up!

No comments:

Post a Comment